Roadmap for XMTP
Timelines are estimates and subject to change. For information about delivered features and fixes, see the Changelog.
- Allow/denylist user preferences available in all SDKs
- Group chat via Messaging Layer Security (MLS) in alpha
- Contact directory via did:ethr in alpha
- XMTP testnet in alpha
Prior roadmaps combined multiple features into a single versioned release, such as XMTP v1 and v2.
Going forward, individual features will be released as they become available. For example, group chat, contact directory, key revocation, etc.
We typically follow this release cycle for new features:
- Alpha: Super early peek into the feature being built. Not ready for use in production apps.
- Beta: Opportunity to test, validate, and provide feedback. Not ready for use in production apps.
- Production: Ready for use in production apps.