To be featured on the Built with XMTP page and receive amplification from XMTP's social channels, follow the checklist to provide a best-in-class messaging experience with your client.
A. Quality checklist
Before launching, ensure your app meets the following criteria:
- Implement a Local-first cache.
- Cache conversation list
conversations.list()to boost performance by 90%.
- Serialize securely stored
DecodedMessagehistories to reduce redundant downloads and decryptions.
- Implement message pagination.
- Compress message content with a suitable compression algorithm.
- (Bonus) Implement optimistic sending.
Bugs and reliability
- No duplicate conversations should be created or displayed. If duplicates exist, only the latest conversation should be visible.
- The app should be stable and not crash frequently.
- No visible critical bugs.
SDK and app versions
- Make sure to use the latest XMTP client SDK.
- Always set an
- Follow our testing tutorial
- Include image remote attachments.
- Include message replies
- Include message reactions
- Include read receipts
- (Bonus) Implement a custom content type
- Offer forward and reverse identity resolution support for ENS.
- (Bonus) Support for UNS, cb.id, .lens, Cyberconnect.
Enable your app to keep track of:
- Number of active wallets: At least one message sent.
- Number of active conversations: At least one message.
- Number of returning conversations: A minimum of one message from each participant.
B. Launch your app
Way to go! 🎉 Here are some resources and ideas for promoting your app launch:
- Check out these launch posts for apps built with XMTP:
- Need an XMTP logo for your announcement?
- See the XMTP Brand Guidelines
- Tag the XMTP Labs team to help amplify your launch
- Have your app added to Built with XMTP
- Have your project repo added to awesome-xmtp
- Create a commemorative POAP for your launch to reward early users
- Register for the Polygon dApp Store Kit, which enables developers to launch their own dApp stores and list any dApp, including their own. To learn more, see the dApp Store Kit Wiki.
C. Post-launch engagement
- Keep in touch using the XMTP community platform that works best for you. This helps ensure that you hear about the latest SDK and content type releases, as well as upgrade and deprecation notices.
prxshant.ethusing (xmtp.chat, Converse, Coinbase Wallet, etc.) to share your app metrics. Let’s test hypotheses and learn together to help ensure interaction success and improve XMTP for all.
- Contribute to XMTP's GitHub Repos: If you have code improvements, bug fixes, or features that could benefit the XMTP ecosystem, consider contributing to XMTP's GitHub repositories. By doing this, you not only improve the protocol but also gain valuable experience and recognition within the community. Make sure to follow the guidelines laid out for pull requests and XMTP Improvement Proposals.